Monday, June 21, 2021

 Well, as you can tell I'm not doing well at keeping up with a weekly post.  I will try to be more consistent.  Yesterday was a difficult day since it was my first Father's Day with Steve in heaven and also the day my Mama went to heaven twelve years ago.  I have learned  the true meaning of God's mercies being new every morning.  As I embrace each day of my 'new reality' I ask God for strength and grace to live in a way worthy of my calling.  Did you know you are called?  For some reason most believe that being 'called' is only for those in full time ministry or missionaries.  Every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is called to walk worthy of her calling.

Ephesian 4:1-4

Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. NLT

That's it girls, we must walk WORTHY of our calling and the only way I know to do that is to daily allow the Holy Spirit to guide and guard our every thought and action.  Our mature age does not give us the right to be passive in our faith. Please join with me as we aggressively pursue to actively engage in anything God brings across our path as we wait for that 'glorious hope for the future'!

I'd love to hear from you if you have thoughts to share. I received this quote from a friend and wanted to share it.

Grief never ends...but it changes.  It's a passage, not a place to stay.  Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith.  It is the price of LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment