Tuesday, September 14, 2021

                                                          Strength from Weakness

 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, 8 so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 For most of us this is a very familiar passage.  We admire Paul’s courage to endure hardship.  Today, for me, I am struggling to find the strength in my weakness.  One year ago this month my precious husband left this world for his eternal reward.  I’m grateful for the legacy he left and the life we enjoyed; however there have been times when it has been impossible for me to find the strength to stand.  My legs will become weak and I fold into a fetal position and weep.  I do call out to God and I know in my mind He hears me, but when your emotions are shattered and your world feels empty it is hard to find strength to breath.

Grief is a never ending emotion and I certainly don’t have advice to offer, I just know that without the Lord it would be impossible to face tomorrow.

 I have listened to this song almost daily and I trust God to continue His work in me as He perfects His strength.

 I CAN DO ALL THINGS...

 I can do all things

Through Christ who gives me strength

But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me

No great success to show

No glory of my own

Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know

 

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone

He'll carry us when we can't carry on

Raised in His power, the weak become strong

His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

 

We can only know

The power that He holds

When we truly see how deep our weakness goes

His strength in us begins

Where ours comes to an end

He hears our humble cry and proves again

 

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone

He'll carry us when we can't carry on

Raised in His power, the weak become strong

His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

 

No comments:

Post a Comment